Search found 4 matches
Search found 4 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:30 pm
- Forum: Trends in The Periodic Table
- Topic: Comparison of electron affinity of Nitrogen and Carbon
- Replies: 2
- Views: 382
Nitrogen is more stable than carbon, so carbon has a greater electron affinity
- Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:43 pm
- Forum: Empirical & Molecular Formulas
- Topic: Identifying Empirical and Molecular Formulas [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5054
The molecular formula shows the actual number of atoms while the empirical formula shows the simplest atomic ratio. In order to figure out if its an empirical or molecular formula you would have to calculate the molar mass of the formula you have and also be given the molar mass (from mass spectrome...
- Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:27 pm
- Forum: Properties of Light
- Topic: Lecture 3 blackbody's emit spectrum
- Replies: 3
- Views: 289
Chels Zh wrote:Question extension:
What does a blackbody specifically mean in the speaking of photons and spectrum?
Does it apply to any light source or it just implies to the sun, which Dr. Lavelle mentioned in class?
I believe it applies to any object that absorbs all light/doesn't favor a specific wavelength