Q: What is "HIJKLMNO"?
Search found 59 matches
Search found 59 matches • Page 1 of 1
I am confused by the solution to 2.93. It says that A = Na, B = Cl. I understand that Na+ is larger than Cl-, but what is the trend for determining the relative sizes of atoms in their neutral state? Thanks.
- Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:44 pm
- Forum: Bohr Frequency Condition, H-Atom , Atomic Spectroscopy
- Topic: Identifying radiation based on a wavelength
- Replies: 3
- Views: 162
I do not believe we need to know the specific ranges of wavelengths on the spectrum (x-rays, microwaves, radio waves, etc) though it would not hurt and I would definitely learn their general positions (longer/shorter wavelength). I know one question in the book asked which color in the visible spect...
- Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:26 pm
- Forum: Einstein Equation
- Topic: What is the difference between deltaE=hv and E=hv?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2236
∆E is the change in energy (final energy - initial energy). It seems that sometimes it will simply be written as E when in context it actually means ∆E.
- Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm
- Forum: *Black Body Radiation
- Topic: Black body for quiz 2 [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 11
- Views: 703
I am pretty sure we were told we will not be tested on blackbody radiation, but it is an important concept for understanding the chapter overall.
- Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:28 pm
- Forum: Empirical & Molecular Formulas
- Topic: Getting molecular formula from molecule name [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 3
- Views: 222
At what point in this course should we know the molecular formulas for different molecules? (i.e. Nitric acid = HNO3)