Search found 9 matches
Search found 9 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 pm
- Forum: Balancing Chemical Reactions
- Topic: Balancing Equation
- Replies: 7
- Views: 474
Does anyone have any tips for balancing chemical equations in which the coefficients just seem to keep getting higher and whenever one element is balanced, it becomes unbalanced as you try balancing the next element?
- Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:06 pm
- Forum: Limiting Reactant Calculations
- Topic: Reactant vs. Reagent [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 23
- Views: 6881
They're very similar but I like to think of reactants as activated reagents. Reagents are just things in a lab and when they are used in an equation they become reactants.
- Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm
- Forum: Significant Figures
- Topic: Why are sig figs important?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1104
Significant figures are important mainly because they specify how accurate a measurement is. All the 0s after a decimal tell you how close the number is to being a whole number or an integer or how specific your data is.
- Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:44 pm
- Forum: Accuracy, Precision, Mole, Other Definitions
- Topic: Mass vs. Weight [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 154
I know mass and weight are different but can you use them interchangeably? Asking because we often talk about molecular mass and molecular weight as the same thing.