Search found 9 matches
Search found 9 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 pm
- Forum: Galvanic/Voltaic Cells, Calculating Standard Cell Potentials, Cell Diagrams
- Topic: Standard Cell Potentials
- Replies: 1
- Views: 416
Does standard cell potential change with the factors that are used to balance a redox reaction?
- Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:27 pm
- Forum: Arrhenius Equation, Activation Energies, Catalysts
- Topic: Arrhenius plot vs. activation energy
- Replies: 3
- Views: 736
How do you derive activation energy from an Arrhenius plot?
- Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:23 pm
- Forum: Reaction Enthalpies (e.g., Using Hess’s Law, Bond Enthalpies, Standard Enthalpies of Formation)
- Topic: Bond Enthalpies
- Replies: 1
- Views: 419
Are the units for calculating total enthalpy using bond enthalpies kJ/mol or kJ?
- Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:22 pm
- Forum: Heat Capacities, Calorimeters & Calorimetry Calculations
- Topic: Specific Heat Capacities degrees Celsius vs. Kelvin
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6621
Why are the specific heat capacities for a given substance the same whether they are measured in degrees Celsius or Kelvin? When doing problems involving Kelvin instead of degrees Celsius (or vice versa), I am very tempted to convert the SHC value using a conversion factor but it seems it is unneces...