Search found 10 matches
Search found 10 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 am
- Forum: Calculating pH or pOH for Strong & Weak Acids & Bases
- Topic: Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 396
Since weak acids and weak bases barely dissociate, we use the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation to approximate the pH of buffer solutions using initial concentrations as addition of a small amount of acid or base does not alter the pH of a buffer solution. For strong acids and bases we can directly use...
- Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:35 pm
- Forum: Non-Equilibrium Conditions & The Reaction Quotient
- Topic: ICE Chart Original Value Change
- Replies: 3
- Views: 610
We push back the products in cases where the icebox does not help solve the quadratic equation and all the terms cancel out.
- Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:36 pm
- Forum: Applying Le Chatelier's Principle to Changes in Chemical & Physical Conditions
- Topic: Endo vs. Exothermic
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3742
Why does an exothermic reaction go backward to reach equilibrium?
- Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:13 pm
- Forum: *Molecular Orbital Theory (Bond Order, Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism)
- Topic: Bond Order
- Replies: 4
- Views: 566
What does a bond order of 0 signify ?
- Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:10 am
- Forum: Significant Figures
- Topic: All students read this sig fig post [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 116
- Views: 14240
You will have to give your final answer with same number of significant figures as given in the question. Also all the equations and values will be given to you with the formulae.