Q: Anyone know any jokes about sodium?
Search found 9 matches
Search found 9 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:43 am
- Forum: Galvanic/Voltaic Cells, Calculating Standard Cell Potentials, Cell Diagrams
- Topic: 2012 Midterm #8A
- Replies: 1
- Views: 286
I found that the E standard of the redox reaction is not 0.63V but -0.89V. When I used -0.89V as the E standard of the cell i got 0.661V for Ecell which is what they gave in the question. I was wondering if anyone else found this because it would completely change the answers.
- Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 pm
- Forum: *Molecular Orbital Theory (Bond Order, Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism)
- Topic: Bonding theory
- Replies: 1
- Views: 234
With molecules that have an atom that has a charge less than 8, since the nuclear charge is less the energy difference between the filled s-orbitals and p-orbitals is less. The sigma-s and sigma*-s orbitals have electron density that is on the bond axis. Because the sigma-pz is on the same bond axis...
- Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:10 pm
- Forum: Electron Configurations for Multi-Electron Atoms
- Topic: Electron configuration
- Replies: 2
- Views: 764
Since Silver is in the same Group as Copper, which Professor Lavelle said was an exception to how the orbitals filled up, it is also another exception.