Search found 7 matches
Search found 7 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:39 pm
- Forum: Non-Equilibrium Conditions & The Reaction Quotient
- Topic: Reaction Quotient Less than or Greater than 1 [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3405
What exactly would be the difference between Q and K? Is K just a specific value for Q?
When naming a compound with an -ate ("cobaltate"), is there any way we need to specify what the negative charge on the ion is? Or is that simply derived from the other charges?
- Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:44 pm
- Forum: Ideal Gases
- Topic: Exothermic and Endothermic Reactions
- Replies: 3
- Views: 890
What is the difference between an exothermic and endothermic reaction in physical terms? In which one of these is the net change in energy positive and in which one is it negative?
- Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:19 pm
- Forum: *Molecular Orbital Theory (Bond Order, Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism)
- Topic: Unpaired Electrons in Molecular Orbitals
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1995
When writing out the electron configuration in words, are we supposed to include the 1s and *1s orbitals? I have seen it done both ways and don't really know which way is correct or which one we should be using.
- Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
- Forum: Determining Molecular Shape (VSEPR)
- Topic: Sigma bonds and Pi Bonds
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1117
How do you determine, when there is a double bond, which of the two bonds is sigma and which one is pi? Is it completely arbitrary or is there methodology to it?
- Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:44 pm
- Forum: Electronegativity
- Topic: Ionization energy vs electronegativity vs electron affinity
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2692
I do understand why electronegativity increases as you move from left to right across a period, but I don't understand why it increases up a group. Could you please explain this?