Search found 11 matches
Search found 11 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:55 am
- Forum: Appications of the Nernst Equation (e.g., Concentration Cells, Non-Standard Cell Potentials, Calculating Equilibrium Constants and pH)
- Topic: 2013 Final Practice Exam, Question 4a; n=?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 516
In the 2013 Final Practice Exam, for question 4a how do you know that n=4?
- Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:39 am
- Forum: *Alkanes and Substituted Alkanes (Staggered, Eclipsed, Gauche, Anti, Newman Projections)
- Topic: Energy and Angles page 107 in the course reader
- Replies: 1
- Views: 216
The eclipsed diagram on page 107 in the course reader has a greater dihedral angle than gauche. Why does gauche have a lower energy than eclipsed?
- Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 pm
- Forum: Arrhenius Equation, Activation Energies, Catalysts
- Topic: 15.61 equation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 300
In book problem 15.61 why does the solution manual use the equation ln(k'/k) = (Ea/R) x ((T' - T) / (T'T)) instead of ln(k'/k) = (Ea/R) x ((1/T) - (1-T')) ? The solution manual says the two equations are equal but I am confused how the second one is derived / why it is used / why it produces a diffe...
- Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:06 pm
- Forum: Galvanic/Voltaic Cells, Calculating Standard Cell Potentials, Cell Diagrams
- Topic: 14.13 part b
- Replies: 1
- Views: 205
In the book problem 14.13 part b, how do we know that the reaction requires an inert electrode just from the equation?