Q: Why can't lawyers do NMR?
A: Bar magnets have poor homogeneity.
Search found 23 matches
Search found 23 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:41 pm
- Forum: Student Social/Study Group
- Topic: Post All Chemistry Jokes Here
- Replies: 7951
- Views: 1213456
A neutron walks into a bar. He asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?" The bartender offers him a warm smile and says, "For you, no charge".
- Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:58 pm
- Forum: Bohr Frequency Condition, H-Atom , Atomic Spectroscopy
- Topic: Hydrogen Spectrum
- Replies: 3
- Views: 536
The answer wasn't calculated or anything, its just knowing a fact. The lines of the balmer series have set wavelengths from transition of n energy levels. 3->2 is 656.3 nm, 4 -> 2 is 486.1 nm, 5- 2> is 434.0, 6-> 2 is 410.2, and 7-> 2 is 397.0 nm. I believe there is a table in the book so check that...
- Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:39 am
- Forum: Photoelectric Effect
- Topic: Photoelectric Effect Lecture Question
- Replies: 4
- Views: 575
The E in the equation E=hv is always the energy of the photon. The only time E is the threshold energy is when you are told in the problem that the kinetic energy is 0 because then the energy of a photon and threshold energy must be equal. I think if you are not given the energy of a photon, assume ...