Search found 11 matches
Search found 11 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:59 pm
- Forum: Administrative Questions and Class Announcements
- Topic: Saying Thank You to Dr. Lavelle
- Replies: 291
- Views: 136564
Dr. Lavelle, Your manner of teaching is exceptional, and you have actually made me enjoy and look forward to chemistry (even o-chem!) which is no small feat. Thank you for your consistently upbeat, happy, and positive demeanor; although your jokes are cheesy, I laugh at them anyways. Overall, thank ...
I am very confused about how to tell which molecule is a substituent or what a substituent even means or why it is relevant in naming. Could someone explain a substituents's purpose? Thank you!
- Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:42 pm
- Forum: Balancing Redox Reactions
- Topic: Reduction Potential
- Replies: 1
- Views: 279
So will we always be working with reduction potentials? Is there such a thing as an oxidation potential, or is this simply the reverse of the reduction potential?
- Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:07 pm
- Forum: Heat Capacities, Calorimeters & Calorimetry Calculations
- Topic: Molar or Specific heat
- Replies: 2
- Views: 337
How can we know when to use the molar or specific heat capacity? Will only one be given to us?
- Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 pm
- Forum: Reaction Enthalpies (e.g., Using Hess’s Law, Bond Enthalpies, Standard Enthalpies of Formation)
- Topic: Chapter 8.55, Hess's Law
- Replies: 4
- Views: 516
Would we also then multiply ΔH by 3/2, or will that remain constant?