Search found 10 matches
Search found 10 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 pm
- Forum: Administrative Questions and Class Announcements
- Topic: Saying Thank You to Dr. Lavelle
- Replies: 202
- Views: 66486
Dear Dr. Lavelle, I really appreciate all you have done for us this quarter, providing so many office hours and organizing all the review sessions. Your commitment to our learning and your love of chemistry is evident in every class. Thank you! (Also, a huge thanks to all the UAs and TAs for their i...
- Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:57 pm
- Forum: *Constitutional and Geometric Isomers (cis, Z and trans, E)
- Topic: Prefix naming
- Replies: 3
- Views: 414
I believe that iso & neo are included in alphabetizing, but other numerical prefixes (like di-, tri-, and sec/tert) are not. Hope this helps!
People may drop the class between now and week 2 of spring quarter (the deadline to drop is the end of week 2), so if you follow the enrollment MyUCLA, you may be able to get in the class or at least onto the waitlist. You could also try getting a PTE, though not all professors do that. Best of luck!
- Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:37 pm
- Forum: Reaction Enthalpies (e.g., Using Hess’s Law, Bond Enthalpies, Standard Enthalpies of Formation)
- Topic: HW Problem 8.73 Bond Enthalpy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 301
In benzene without resonance, there are 3 single bonds and 3 double bonds bonds. With resonance, all 6 bonds between the carbons are like a combination of single and double bonds, which is why there are six resonance bonds between the carbons in benzene. I believe the hydrogen in not included in the...