Search found 8 matches
Search found 8 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:28 pm
- Forum: Administrative Questions and Class Announcements
- Topic: Final Exam Details and Review Sessions Winter 2017
- Replies: 114
- Views: 13647
Will the final be comprised of a general overview of information from the entire quarter, or will it be more focused on the material covered after the midterm?
- Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:08 am
- Forum: Entropy Changes Due to Changes in Volume and Temperature
- Topic: Homework Problem #9.15
- Replies: 1
- Views: 254
9.15 asks to calculate entropy change for the freezing of 1 mol of H2O at 0 degrees C using the enthalpy of formation values from Appendix 2A. When going through the solution manual, I noticed that it used a different H value than that in the back of the textbook. Where did this value come from/what...
- Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:29 pm
- Forum: Reaction Enthalpies (e.g., Using Hess’s Law, Bond Enthalpies, Standard Enthalpies of Formation)
- Topic: Enthalpy of Combustion/Formation [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 205
By adding the standard RXN enthalpy of combustion to the sum of the standard enthalpy of formation of all reactants, one can calculate the sum of the standard enthalpy of formation of all products! I found this in the course reader and reworked the equation (initially solving for the standard rxn en...