Search found 21 matches
Search found 21 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:36 am
- Forum: Concepts & Calculations Using First Law of Thermodynamics
- Topic: Chapter 8 HMWK Problem 8.21 Clarification
- Replies: 1
- Views: 224
Either interpretation is valid in this case.
- Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:12 pm
- Forum: Administrative Questions and Class Announcements
- Topic: Weekly Online Discussion
- Replies: 6
- Views: 811
You're doing it right now (: Every week, post at least once on Chemistry Community. Post a question, answer to a question, or a joke.
- Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:29 pm
- Forum: Bohr Frequency Condition, H-Atom , Atomic Spectroscopy
- Topic: Chapter 1 HW #33 (c)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 276
As the light strikes the metal surface and the photon interacts with the e-, the energy provided by the photon is used to remove the e-. The energy provided by the photon can sometimes be greater than the energy needed to remove the e-. In this case, any leftover excess energy results in the e- bein...
- Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:30 am
- Forum: Einstein Equation
- Topic: HW chapter 1 problem 23 [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 2
- Views: 468
1 eV = 1.602 x 10^-19 J. I don't think we have to memorize this; it's given on the formula sheet on the back of the periodic table we got.
- Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:34 pm
- Forum: Student Social/Study Group
- Topic: Chemistry Jokes
- Replies: 31
- Views: 4378
1. Q: Why did the acid go to the gym? A: To become a buffer solution! 2. Q: What do you call a joke that is based on cobalt, radon, and yttrium? A: CoRnY. 3. An electron sitting in a prison asked a second electron cellmate, "What are you in for?" To which the latter replied, "For a...