- images-4.jpeg (6.17 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
Search found 20 matches
Search found 20 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:54 pm
- Forum: Administrative Questions and Class Announcements
- Topic: Random Enrollment Checks
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1376
I just read the email that explained that there would be random enrollment checks in lectures due to students attending class who are not enrolled. I was wondering what these checks would entail. Do these checks give credit to attendance or simply make sure students who are not enrolled cannot atten...
- Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:55 am
- Forum: *Molecular Orbital Theory (Bond Order, Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism)
- Topic: Writing Antibonding Orbital Configuration [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 1
- Views: 224
When writing the molecular orbital configuration or energy-level diagram, are the antibonding written with the asterisks written before or after the orbital: σ*s or σs*?
If there was only a double bond between C and O with C having a lone pair and O having two lone pairs, then C would not have a complete octet, since it would only be accommodating six electrons not eight. With a triple bond, both C and O have complete octets.
- Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:32 pm
- Forum: Heisenberg Indeterminacy (Uncertainty) Equation
- Topic: Post Module Heisenberg #11 [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 4
- Views: 642
This question is comparing these answers to the answers in question 9, 5.3 x 10^-10 J/e, 3.2 x 10^14 J/mol. In question 9, the wrong model of the atom was used and so the answers for the uncertainty in kinetic energy per mol is very large. The answer for the uncertainty in kinetic energy per mol in ...
- Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:34 am
- Forum: Significant Figures
- Topic: Significant figures for Logarithms
- Replies: 1
- Views: 370
I was confused about this too, and i found this site helpful in presenting the rules clearly: http://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/courses/c ... ndlogs.pdf
- Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:57 pm
- Forum: Properties of Electrons
- Topic: Atomic Spectra - Question 1.11
- Replies: 2
- Views: 480
I am still confused on the differing principal quantum levels in series such as the Balmer series being n=2. If, as stated before, the electrons will eventually reach ground state at n=1 but they can make transitions such as the example from n=4 to n=2, does that mean that the deciding factor of the...