Search found 10 matches
Search found 10 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:10 am
- Forum: Acidity & Basicity Constants and The Conjugate Seesaw
- Topic: Conjugates
- Replies: 3
- Views: 354
Is it possible to have a weak base and a weak conjugate acid/ weak acid and a weak conjugate base? Or does one have to be stronger than the other?
- Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:00 pm
- Forum: Student Social/Study Group
- Topic: Post All Chemistry Jokes Here
- Replies: 7951
- Views: 1214251
At the Acid Dating Club, Cl goes up to Bi and asks how acidic was their last relationship. Bi responds "My last relationship was actually basic." Cl is confused and asks, "what?!" Bi laughs and says, "I'm amphoteric." Br comes up and tells Cl to pay up, "I knew it,...
- Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:15 pm
- Forum: Equilibrium Constants & Calculating Concentrations
- Topic: Both Roots are positive
- Replies: 2
- Views: 283
When doing the ice box and the quadratic equation gives two positive roots which one do we choose?
- Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:52 pm
- Forum: Naming
- Topic: Determining Oxidation [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 2
- Views: 429
Name the following compound: [Co(en)2(CN)Cl]Cl I tried doing number 2 in the workbook, quiz 3 prep fall 2014. Why does cobalt have an oxidation number of 3 when the charges of the other ions inside the brackets amount to -2? Does this mean we count the elements (in this case Cl) outside the brackets...
- Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:38 am
- Forum: Wave Functions and s-, p-, d-, f- Orbitals
- Topic: Chapter 2 Textbook Reading
- Replies: 1
- Views: 218
(I wasn't sure what section to put this in but here is my question). In the interest of time, what are the essential sections/topics in Chapter 2 that we should be focusing on? I only ask this because I read chapter one and found that some sections weren't emphasized in the lecture.