Search found 10 matches
Search found 10 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:13 pm
- Forum: *Molecular Orbital Theory (Bond Order, Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism)
- Topic: Anti-bonding orbital energies
- Replies: 1
- Views: 193
For Anti-Bonding Orbitals, are pi orbitals lower energy than sigma orbitals for elements past oxygen?
- Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 am
- Forum: *Particle in a Box
- Topic: Use of Rydberg formula [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 2
- Views: 573
During lecture, Professor Lavelle mentioned that he prefers not to use the Rydberg formula, rather E= hR/(n1)^2 - hR/(n2)^2. Is this what we should use on the test?
In question number 55 in chapter one of the textbook, the question states that "absorption takes place at the infared spectrum at 3600cm^-1. Is this referring to the wavelength, or the diameter?? Or either?
- Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:13 am
- Forum: Significant Figures
- Topic: Significant figures [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1101
Just confirming, I know that 0.0100 would have 3 sigfigs due to trailing zeros, but would 1.00 have 3 as well? Is it the same after decimal points?