Search found 19 matches
Search found 19 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 pm
- Forum: Administrative Questions and Class Announcements
- Topic: Saying Thank You to Dr. Lavelle
- Replies: 340
- Views: 140096
Dr. Lavelle, I came into UCLA with absolute no chemkstrh background. After taking your 14A and 14B class I feel as though I have a strong chemistry foundation for the MCAT and any other applications I'm going to use chemistry for. Thank you for providing an endless amount of resources to ensure your...
- Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:36 pm
- Forum: Zero Order Reactions
- Topic: Homework question 15.17
- Replies: 3
- Views: 492
When solving for each reactant and the overall order of the reaction, how do we know which experiments to use? And once you set up the fraction ex. (20^a)/10, how do you get 2^a=2?
- Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:35 pm
- Forum: Lewis Acids & Bases
- Topic: Determining which compound is stonger
- Replies: 2
- Views: 454
In the course reader on page 154, it asks why trichloroacetic acid is a stronger acid than acetic acid. I know Dr. Lavelle explained this, but I am still confused on why. Is it because Cl is more electronegative than H?
- Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:08 am
- Forum: General Science Questions
- Topic: Rusty on High School Chem [ENDORSED]
- Replies: 220
- Views: 143073
I also found that Khan Academy really helps in terms of reviewing. I do not remember much high school chemistry, so if you would like to study together let me know! My email is Emily_Rose_24@aol.com. I am available most nights!
- Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:04 am
- Forum: Student Social/Study Group
- Topic: Hedrick Summit Study Group Chem 14A
- Replies: 29
- Views: 3120
I am in Reiber Hall, but would love to join the study group!! My email is Emily_Rose_24@aol.com. Is anyone else from Reiber Hall?