Trouble with Sapling Question #8

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Kiana Javier 3G

Trouble with Sapling Question #8

Postby Kiana Javier 3G » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:48 pm

Was anyone else having trouble with the sapling question 8? For the molecular formula part of the question, the program was not allowing me to type in letters, so I was never able to get the correct answer. Did anyone else have this problem?

Anthony_Sandoval_1D

Re: Trouble with Sapling Question #8

Postby Anthony_Sandoval_1D » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:51 pm

I was having the same problem until I made sure I was typing in capital letters. Maybe this will solve your problem?

Eve Gross-Sable 1B
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Eve Gross-Sable 1B » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:52 pm

^ Yes try capitals, that's what worked for me

Jaclyn Schwartz 1I

Postby Jaclyn Schwartz 1I » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 pm

What was the issue? Were you able to type numbers? you may have been stuck on the setting where it puts the number below the letter, just without the letter there. So I would try using the arrow keys to go left and right. If that doesn't work, try to exit out and reset. If that doesn't work fro you either, try emailing your TA to explain the technical difficulties. I hoped that helped in a small way!
When I went to do the problem, a little box popped up that allowed me to add on with tools. But I was still able to use my keyboard.

Taha 2D

Postby Taha 2D » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:31 am

I was having the same problem. Whenever the special text box shows up at the bottom and you are dealing with a molecular/emperical formula problem the keyboard won't let you type in the symbols for elements unless you type in caps.

Return to “Empirical & Molecular Formulas”