Question 10 - Week 1 Achieve

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Shiley_David_1D

Question 10 - Week 1 Achieve

Postby Shiley_David_1D » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Hello all!

Does anyone know if there will be any questions on the midterm like Question 10 on the Week 1 Achieve homework? By that I mean questions with similar diagrams where we have to know what the 2-butanone compound looks like/what elements it is made out of in order to solve the problem. I have attached the question below since my explanation may not be sufficient for understanding my question lol.

Thank you for your help!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 10.18.59 PM.png

Adithi Ayyala 2G
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Question 10 - Week 1 Achieve

Postby Adithi Ayyala 2G » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:44 am

Hello! Okay so from my understanding, this problem looks complex, but is actually just asking you to know where carbons would be on the molecule, and testing your skills in creating a mole to mole ratio. There will be problems with stoichiometry I believe, so this problem is a good one to review to test those skills, and given the fact that it is one of the more challenging problems, I think it would be good to look at for the exam.

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Re: Question 10 - Week 1 Achieve

Postby Chem_Mod » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:46 am

On the midterm, you will NOT be expected to know how to determine the molecular formula of a compound based on its skeleton structure. What is important to understand from this example is how to solve problems dealing with limiting reactants etc.

Return to “Empirical & Molecular Formulas”