Schrodinger relationships

1-D:

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

TanveerDhaliwal3G

Schrodinger relationships

Postby TanveerDhaliwal3G » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:06 pm

What is the relationship between Schrodinger's equation, wave functions, and orbitals

Kimberly Koo 2I

Re: Schrodinger relationships

Postby Kimberly Koo 2I » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:53 pm

Schrodinger's equation uses a wave function to describe the electrons in an atom since electrons have wavelike properties.

zoedfinch1K

Postby zoedfinch1K » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Schrodinger’s equation uses a wave function to describe an electron because of its wavelike properties and indeterminacy in momentum and position. The wave function represents the orbital (position) that and electron can be found.

JOtomo1F
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby JOtomo1F » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:24 am

zoedfinch1K wrote:Schrodinger’s equation uses a wave function to describe an electron because of its wavelike properties and indeterminacy in momentum and position. The wave function represents the orbital (position) that and electron can be found.

Do we just have to know the concepts behind Schrodinger's equation? Or do we have to know all of the math behind it as well?

AlyshaP_2B

Postby AlyshaP_2B » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 am

JOtomo1F wrote:
zoedfinch1K wrote:Schrodinger’s equation uses a wave function to describe an electron because of its wavelike properties and indeterminacy in momentum and position. The wave function represents the orbital (position) that and electron can be found.

Do we just have to know the concepts behind Schrodinger's equation? Or do we have to know all of the math behind it as well?

I believe we just need to understand the concepts behind the equation.

Return to “*Shrodinger Equation”