Hw assignment?

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

aisteles1G

Hw assignment?

Postby aisteles1G » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 pm

For week 3, are we still on the Quantum World part of the syllabus? I thought it was one topic for each week but theres only 6 topics and 10 weeks so do you just go by what we talked about in class? Does that mean we can still do quantum world hw problems for this week (3) or should we move onto chemical bond problems? Thanks in advance!!

Ashish Verma 2I

Re: Hw assignment?

Postby Ashish Verma 2I » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 pm

I believe we are still on the quantum section for homework since we haven't covered anything further so we aren't prepared for homework on sections that have never been discussed in lecture. Also my TA allowed us to do homework from the high school chem review section for both Week 1 and Week 2 since we weren't too far into quantum at that point so this is my first week doing quantum homework so I'd assume it's still quantum this week for all discussion sections.

Pooja Sheladiya 1L

Postby Pooja Sheladiya 1L » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm

You still do quantum world homework problems because we haven't even started going over the Chemical Principles. You could try doing them to get ahead but most likely we will be doing that section for two weeks as well.

kamalkolluri
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby kamalkolluri » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 pm

We just go by what is taught in class. So for example, we are still on Sections 1A and 1B, which means just do problems from there. There are definitely 7 problems based on topics we learned over the last couple of days that you can submit as homework for this week.

Sarah_Kang_2K

Postby Sarah_Kang_2K » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:12 am

Yes, we are still in the Quantum section! He mentioned in lecture not to do questions from the Fundamentals section, for the Week 3 homework.

JT Wechsler 2B

Postby JT Wechsler 2B » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 am

We are still in the Quantum section for homework. My TA said to do homework questions that were relevant to the topics that are currently being addressed in class so that your practice would be most beneficial to what is being taught in the course.

Zubair Ahmed 1L

Postby Zubair Ahmed 1L » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Yea make sure to only do questions from the Quantum World chapter. I asked my TA the same question and he made it very clear to not do problems from the Fundamentals section nor from the Chemical Bonds section because we have not covered it yet.

Cole Elsner 2J

Postby Cole Elsner 2J » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:35 pm

We're still in the quantum section. It's nice trying to get ahead and understanding things in advance,but I would recommend doing problems pertaining to what is currently being taught in class. This could save you some time and reduce stress!

Return to “*Particle in a Box”