Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:22 am
Which constant is for monoatomic, diatomic, linear, and nonlinear?
- Posts: 17238
- Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:53 pm
- Has upvoted: 367 times
You will mainly need to know monatomic ideal gases only.
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 am
I believe that for monatomic ideal gases, Cv is 3/2 R and Cp is 5/2R
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:16 am
Do we only need to know the ideal gas constant for monatomic ideal gases and not the others?
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:18 am
Only monoatomic constants need to be known.
Return to “Thermodynamic Definitions (isochoric/isometric, isothermal, isobaric)”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest