Test 1

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Sona Hakobyan 3J

Test 1

Postby Sona Hakobyan 3J » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:43 pm

For those who have taken the test, do you think the difficulty is the same level as the homework and modules? In other words, would studying these two be sufficient to do well on the exam? If you have any sources that helped you be better prepared, please let me know !

megansardina2G
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Test 1

Postby megansardina2G » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi! I took the test on Tuesday (Discussion 3A) and I think that if you worked on the assigned homework problems and successfully completed the post assessment questions on the modules you will be prepared! That is mainly what I did. If you want a little bit more review, I suggest looking over the example problems in the fundamentals section (in the reading area before the problem sets), as the caliber of questions on the test are close to those problems. Hope this helped, and good luck on the test!

pauline_le_3I

Postby pauline_le_3I » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 pm

I haven't taken the test yet, but I've heard from multiple friends that the difficulty of the tests is almost exactly the same as the modules, and were easier than the homework problems.

A De Castro 14B 2H

Postby A De Castro 14B 2H » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 am

Hi, I prepared for the test using the Fundamentals exercises in the textbook, and I believe that was enough for me to not fail. So, studying using the homework and modules would be sufficient! I feel like the thing you should prepare for is timing, since you're given 40 minutes for a test that's worth 40 points. Pace yourself and give yourself time in the end to look over all of your answers! Good luck!

Millicent Navarro 1I

Postby Millicent Navarro 1I » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 am

I definitely think practice problems help! Not only are you strengthing your skills with the topics you are studying for, but you can familiarize yourself with the way problems can be written for that specific topic and get used to the different terms. In addition, if you feel like you may be struggling with a certain topic, attending the many programs offered for Chem14A (TAs office hours, Undergraduate Assistant (Peer Learning) Sessions and Step-Up Program, etc.) are helpful as well. You should be good, good luck!

julia_lok_2K

Postby julia_lok_2K » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:21 am

I agree, homework problems definitely help with solidifying your understanding of the concepts that will appear on the test. In fact, I think that the quiz was easier than the homework, so if you did all the homework then you should be fine. And it's definitely possible to finish earlier--some people in my class finished within 25 minutes.

anishathomas

Postby anishathomas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am

This test was just a review of the fundamentals of chemistry in high school. If you did the modules and understood some of the intermediate level questions of the textbooks you should be fine. There was no long step equations that you should worry about(I would still do them just to test where you are).

Jessica Dharmawan 1G

Postby Jessica Dharmawan 1G » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 pm

The test was fairly straightforward, and most of the problems were similar to the homework problems. It was also pretty short, and most of us finished early, giving us time to even check back on all of the problems again.

Joussie Camacho 4I

Postby Joussie Camacho 4I » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 pm

BY modules, do you guys mean the post-tests/surveys in the audio visual focus topics on his website? Or is that something else?

Return to “Limiting Reactant Calculations”