Reviewing High School Chem Tips

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Cole Reynolds 4F

Reviewing High School Chem Tips

Postby Cole Reynolds 4F » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:42 am

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources that they think would help with reviewing high school chem. I took honours chem in sophomore year of high school, so I'm pretty anxious, especially since it's been three years since I've done chemistry. Thanks!

Ashley Fang 2G

Re: Reviewing High School Chem Tips

Postby Ashley Fang 2G » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 am

Honestly chemmybear has a lot of great resources for high school chemistry topics.
I also remember watching a lot of Bozeman videos, he explained the topics in a very easy-to-understand way.
Here are the links below!

http://chemmybear.com/
http://www.bozemanscience.com/ap-chemistry/

Shrayes Raman

Postby Shrayes Raman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:57 am

I would look at Khan Academy or Boseman science.

Vincent Leong 2B

Postby Vincent Leong 2B » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:58 am

I would look up AP Chemistry videos by khan academy or any online source to brush up on chemistry. Also there a lot of good apchemistry sites that provide free test-like problems as long as you browse around a lot. My favorite website was doing past national ACS exams. I know you said you took honors chemistry and AP is another level but I think even the AP problems can at least prepare you for the tricky parts of the chemistry topics we'll be learning soon.

Laurie Tan 4C

Postby Laurie Tan 4C » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:04 am

Hello!

KhanAcademy has really good videos on chemistry topics from the fundamentals to more complex concepts. The table of contents is super helpful for finding specific topics to review.
https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry

If you're looking for a more in-depth, AP style review of chemistry, I would (highly) recommend the youtube videos from Abigail Giordano. It would definitely take a bit more time to watch all of her videos, but she explains each concept really thoroughly. I'd say it's worth it if you want to gain an even deeper understanding of chemistry concepts overall. She teaches from the Zumdahl 7th edition Chemistry textbook, but you don't need the textbook to follow the videos since she uses PowerPoint slides. :)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVqkjsKI25jyqiW-GtjnpVv5BtYy1aRB_

Brianna Becerra 1B

Postby Brianna Becerra 1B » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:47 am

Hey, I'm actually in a similar situation as you. I haven't taken chem since sophomore year and don't really remember any of it. Something which has really been helping me out is the textbook. Its kind of daunting at first, but taking each section at a time and reading through the text has been helping me a lot and can hopefully help you with your review of high school chem too!

Postby 005162520 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:38 pm

When using the textbook to review chemistry, how would you approach each section to fully understand the concept?

kpang_4H

Postby kpang_4H » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:17 pm

If you can, try to look back at your old notes. If not, watching Khan Academy and other available videos is super helpful. Just make sure that afterwards you are able to apply your knowledge by practicing textbook problems, especially in sections where you find you are more unsure.

Patricia Cardenas

Postby Patricia Cardenas » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:48 pm

I would look on Lavelle's website! He has links to review topics and practice questions.

Bryce Barbee

Postby Bryce Barbee » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 pm

I know that Lavelle offers chemistry review sessions led by TA's that are pretty useful, especially for the highschool material.

Ayush Ray 1I

Postby Ayush Ray 1I » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Tyler Dewitt posts some great videos on YouTube if you're struggling to grasp some specific concepts.

Return to “Limiting Reactant Calculations”