5G.15

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Skyllar Kuppinger 1F

5G.15

Postby Skyllar Kuppinger 1F » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:30 am

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I did 5G.13 right and it's identical to this one. The book says the answer is -27 but I'm getting -2.7. Why am I one decimal off?
Attachments
image.jpg

Brian_Ho_2B

Re: 5G.15

Postby Brian_Ho_2B » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:58 am

I'm almost certain that this is an error in the textbook; I've done that same problem twice and I've gotten your answer twice. You may want to see Prof. Lavelle's updated solutions manual errors on his website to see if this is one of the errors. But I can assure you that your work is correct.

Skyllar Kuppinger 1F

Postby Skyllar Kuppinger 1F » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:16 pm

Brian_Ho_2B wrote:I'm almost certain that this is an error in the textbook; I've done that same problem twice and I've gotten your answer twice. You may want to see Prof. Lavelle's updated solutions manual errors on his website to see if this is one of the errors. But I can assure you that your work is correct.

Thank you so much! For some reason I didn't see it in his solutions manual errors

Matthew ILG 1L

Postby Matthew ILG 1L » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:14 pm

Skyllar Kuppinger 1F wrote:
Brian_Ho_2B wrote:I'm almost certain that this is an error in the textbook; I've done that same problem twice and I've gotten your answer twice. You may want to see Prof. Lavelle's updated solutions manual errors on his website to see if this is one of the errors. But I can assure you that your work is correct.

Thank you so much! For some reason I didn't see it in his solutions manual errors

I was getting the same solution over and over again as well and couldn't figure out why. This helps a lot. Thank you.

Return to “Gibbs Free Energy Concepts and Calculations”