Application in Biology

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Gabriel Ordonez 2K

Application in Biology

Postby Gabriel Ordonez 2K » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:35 pm

As also a student of LS 7A, I can see the connection between thermodynamics and biological application. But for the purposes of excelling in the course, what are the ideal chemical concepts that we need to know to ace the final?

Sahil Jog 1F

Re: Application in Biology

Postby Sahil Jog 1F » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:28 pm

I would suggest looking at Dr. Lavelle's outlines on his website and make sure that you truly understand everything listed on them. Other than that, it is always useful to know all of their biological significances since it might help you connect numerous chemistry concepts together on the final!

Mai V 4L

Postby Mai V 4L » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:27 pm

It helps me to think about eq responses like moving to preserve homeostasis

Nan_Guan_1L

Postby Nan_Guan_1L » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:29 pm

you know how LS 7A provides you with a weekly study guide, you can check Dr. Lavelle's website for something similar to that which helps you check your understanding of the big concepts and ideas. Other than that, I would really suggest go over the textbook questions Dr. Lavelle has listed out on the syllabus. I've found them extremely helpful in preparing for exams.

Debie_Morales1D

Postby Debie_Morales1D » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:03 pm

I would definitely go through the practice problems listed for the outline and try to look for an example of a problem that has an application to biology. The best way is to practice and familiarize our selves with questions that may be asked.

Return to “Biological Examples (*DNA Structural Transitions, etc.)”