Biological Examples

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Andrew Nguyen 2K

Biological Examples

Postby Andrew Nguyen 2K » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:51 am

I am very confused to as why biological examples is within the thermodynamics unit. Was there any examples within lectures or the textbook that we needed to note down for the second midterm or the final?

Jack Amos 2I

Re: Biological Examples

Postby Jack Amos 2I » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:27 am

I'm not entirely sure about this but maybe this is referring to knowing the reactants and products of a combustion reaction. So, when you're given a question that may ask for the enthalpy of a certain combustion reaction and the question only provides you with the gas that's burned, you will know how to balance out the chemical equation because we're aware of what reacts forming what in a combustion reaction.

Hannah_Pon_1F
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Hannah_Pon_1F » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:53 am

In lectures and the textbook there were some examples with ATP and for chemical equilibrium there was a problem with hemoglobin and blood.

Mrinalini Mishra 2L

Postby Mrinalini Mishra 2L » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:38 am

Hannah_Pon_1F wrote:In lectures and the textbook there were some examples with ATP and for chemical equilibrium there was a problem with hemoglobin and blood.

Is that all we would be held accountable for? Also, if you all have any suggestions about where to find more biological practice problems, please leave them below!

Return to “Biological Examples (*DNA Structural Transitions, etc.)”