Test 2  [ENDORSED]

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Celeste Martinez 1K
Been upvoted: 1 time

Test 2

Postby Celeste Martinez 1K » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 pm

For test 2 and future tests/exams, are we suppose to memorize constants, conversions, or any formulas? Also for wavelength, which units are preferable, m or nm?

Kuldeep Gill 1H
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Test 2  [ENDORSED]

Postby Kuldeep Gill 1H » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 pm

On the Chem 14A website, there is a link titled constants and equations.. this is what will be given to us, everything else other than a periodic table is what we would have to know. As far as wavelength I think either is okay as long as the question does not specify but remember in terms of the equations you would use the unit m.

Luis Torres 1C

Re: Test 2

Postby Luis Torres 1C » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 pm

If you recall from test 1, we were given a cover sheet of constants and equations. I know that same cover sheet is being provided for test 2 and test 3, but I am not positive about the midterm/final. As for the units, as long as the question does not specify, you are free to use whichever. nm are usually more practical.

Alondra Juarez section 1E

Postby Alondra Juarez section 1E » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:40 pm

for the test we are going to be given the constant but I do believe that we might need to know the formulas that we are to use.

Jesus A Cuevas - 1E

Postby Jesus A Cuevas - 1E » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm

In short, no we are not expected to memorize the formulas since we will be provided a formula and constant sheet for all exams. However, we will be expected to know which formula to use and how to appropriately manipulate the formula for the given question. (i.e. p*c = ((h*c)/λ) ----> p = (h/λ) or E = h*v = h(c/λ)). And the preferred units for wavelength will be dependent on what units are asked for in the question.

Return to “Properties of Light”