Question regarding webcam

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

George_Yin_3I

Question regarding webcam

Postby George_Yin_3I » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:17 pm

If we need an extra camera to record our work space, how can the second device connect to our computer in lockdown browser?

Winzel Payumo 1B

Re: Question regarding webcam

Postby Winzel Payumo 1B » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Technically, you only need to show your workspace. My TA said showing your face is not necessary. However, to answer your question, if you're using a second device (assuming you don't have a webcam), you're opening Zoom using that second device, which is pointed to your workspace, and the device you're using to take the test is pointing at you.

Kristina Krivenko 3I
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Kristina Krivenko 3I » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:40 pm

As far as I know, the webcam on the device you're taking the test at will be pointing at your face, and I think Respondus records you while you're taking the exam (I'm not sure though, so double check about that). Then when we open Respondus, there will be a Zoom link to our discussion section; so the second webcam will be connected to Zoom and will be used to record our workspace. I hope that helps :)

Ke Huang 2G

Postby Ke Huang 2G » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:45 pm

My TA said we can try using our phones during next week's discussion section.

Mingzi Yang 1E

Postby Mingzi Yang 1E » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:37 pm

According to the email Professor Lavelle sent, we can use another device such as an ipad to show our workplace on zoom if we don't have a webcam. In this case, we will need two devices, one for doing the exam and one for showing our workplace.

Kyle Dizon 3A

Postby Kyle Dizon 3A » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:31 am

Based on the information I have gathered from my TA and Professor’s email, we do not necessarily need a webcam if we have another device that will show our workspace while taking the assessments.

Angel More

Postby Angel More » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:42 am

With my TA session we had to use our phones because my TA had some technical difficulties and was not able to make it so you could have zoom and the lockdown browser open at the same time. If this happens again for the final. You will want to use your computer and your phone. With your phone you connect to the zoom and angle it so the camera is showing your workspace, hands, your face is not really needed. With your computer you take the test. BUT if the zoom and lock down can coexist then on your computer you can have your camera on you probably tilted a little bit down (to show your workspace) and do the test also on your computer.

Yolanda_Xing_3A

Postby Yolanda_Xing_3A » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 am

I suggest to have your phone and iPad connected to zoom to show ur workspace.

ellenulitsky Dis 1I

Postby ellenulitsky Dis 1I » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:08 pm

My phone and Ipad worked well for this! Hope this helps!

Return to “Properties of Light”