Electrochem Exam

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

ZoeHahn1J
Been upvoted: 1 time

Electrochem Exam

Postby ZoeHahn1J » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm

There are homework problems assigned that ask to find the half reactions and balance the equation (such as 4 and 11), which doesn't (as far as I know; please correct me if I'm wrong!) necessarily require one to find the standard reduction potential of that reaction. However, the standard potential is found in the solutions for those problems. On the test, will we be expected to find standard reduction potential as well even if the question does not explicitly ask for it?

McKenna disc 1C

Re: Electrochem Exam

Postby McKenna disc 1C » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm

ZoeHahn1J wrote:There are homework problems assigned that ask to find the half reactions and balance the equation (such as 4 and 11), which doesn't (as far as I know; please correct me if I'm wrong!) necessarily require one to find the standard reduction potential of that reaction. However, the standard potential is found in the solutions for those problems. On the test, will we be expected to find standard reduction potential as well even if the question does not explicitly ask for it?

As is the case in all Lavelle exams I've encountered thus far, I'm assuming that the only things you'll need to provide in a test are those that are asked for directly. I imagine it will say directly whether or not Ecell needs to be calculated as well!

Elizabeth Bamishaye 2I

Postby Elizabeth Bamishaye 2I » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm

We would be told what to find. If it is not asked in the problem then I wouldn't worry much about it.

Shanmitha Arun 1L
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Shanmitha Arun 1L » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 pm

The tests would explicitly say what you need to find and will be really clear.

Return to “Galvanic/Voltaic Cells, Calculating Standard Cell Potentials, Cell Diagrams”