Week 9 HW and test promblems

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Joshua Hughes 1L
Been upvoted: 3 times

Week 9 HW and test promblems

Postby Joshua Hughes 1L » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Im just going to go over all the problems that would likely be relevant to this weeks test knowing that it only covers up section 15.6. For chapter 15 the assigned problems 3-39 im pretty sure are all included but was wondering about some of the integrated exercises / which of those would be most relevant. From looking at the solutions questions 83, 87, 105, and maybe 89. seem the most likely to be reflected on our test. Is there any of those problems that probably wouldnt be the kind of stuff covered on our test or any I may have left out? Like the other integrated and applied exercises 79, 81, 85, 95, 99, 101, 103, 109?

Also I know sometimes UAs or TAs post on Chem community certain practice problems or materials, anyone got any links to those? Sometimes I miss some/can't seem to find them

Vincent Chiang 1L

Re: Week 9 HW and test promblems

Postby Vincent Chiang 1L » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:15 pm

Supposedly everything on the HW is fair game, but I think for the tests themselves, the questions before the Integrated Exercises are enough (at least that's how it has been). The integrated HW should be done for finals prep, however.

Kevin Ru 1D

Postby Kevin Ru 1D » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:53 pm

As the above poster mentioned, all assigned homework questions are fair game. In terms of finding posts by TAs/UAs, I would try using the search user function and search for "Chem Mod"

Joshua Hughes 1L
Been upvoted: 3 times

Postby Joshua Hughes 1L » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 am

Wait I am confused, someone said mechanisms shouldn't be on the test and then also the class website says "Test 3 covers Kinetics Chapter 15.1 to end of 15.6"... why is everything fair game? Catalysts and a lot of the other topics weren't really covered in class were they (yet)? Im sure we will cover them and they will be on the final but for this weeks test, i was just trying to check what kind of homework problems would be particularly relevant, especially of the integrated/applied HW questions.

Ilan Shavolian 1K

Postby Ilan Shavolian 1K » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:59 am

Joshua Hughes 1L wrote:Wait I am confused, someone said mechanisms shouldn't be on the test and then also the class website says "Test 3 covers Kinetics Chapter 15.1 to end of 15.6"... why is everything fair game? Catalysts and a lot of the other topics weren't really covered in class were they (yet)? Im sure we will cover them and they will be on the final but for this weeks test, i was just trying to check what kind of homework problems would be particularly relevant, especially of the integrated/applied HW questions.

I think you can safely assume the things that are completely unfamiliar won't be, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to look over the integrated exercises.

Arjun Sharma 1D

Postby Arjun Sharma 1D » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:41 pm

Joshua Hughes 1L wrote:Wait I am confused, someone said mechanisms shouldn't be on the test and then also the class website says "Test 3 covers Kinetics Chapter 15.1 to end of 15.6"... why is everything fair game? Catalysts and a lot of the other topics weren't really covered in class were they (yet)? Im sure we will cover them and they will be on the final but for this weeks test, i was just trying to check what kind of homework problems would be particularly relevant, especially of the integrated/applied HW questions.

Dr. Lavelle said that reaction mechanisms and all stuff we're doing in class rn won't be on test 3. The part of chapter 15 before that will be though.

Return to “Second Order Reactions”