Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:24 am


Postby ian_haliburton_1f » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Does anyone know the term for when 4 molecules are required to collide? In other words, what comes after termolecular?

Kate Chow 4H
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 am

Re: Molecularity

Postby Kate Chow 4H » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:27 pm

A guess, but I would assume tetramolecular.

Joon Chang 2F
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:25 am

Re: Molecularity

Postby Joon Chang 2F » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Yes I think a reaction that involves four molecules colliding simultaneously would be called a tetramolecular reaction. Given that termolecular reactions are uncommon due to three molecules having to collide simultaneously, tetramolecular reactions would be very rare.

Return to “Reaction Mechanisms, Reaction Profiles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests