Effective studying for midterm 1..

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

LyahFitzpatrick 2E
Been upvoted: 1 time

Effective studying for midterm 1..

Postby LyahFitzpatrick 2E » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:47 pm

For anyone who did well on the conceptual questions of Midterm 1... what sort of studying did you find helpful? Did you read the textbook? I did all the homework problems so the calculations were understandable, but the conceptual questions seemed more obscure.

Alexis DeHorta 2A

Re: Effective studying for midterm 1..

Postby Alexis DeHorta 2A » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:24 pm

If you take notes during class, looking over them and making sure you understand most of the points that were on his slides definitely helps. Most of what we go over in class are what appears on the test, so as long as you can go back and understand your notes and its applications, I think you will be fine.

Sujin Lim 1H
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Effective studying for midterm 1..

Postby Sujin Lim 1H » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:43 pm

I read the textbook, because it clarified concepts I was still confused on from the lecture. Reading the textbook also helped to me better grasp the concepts and theory that we learned. I also went over all the learning objectives in the the outline documents to make sure I knew everything he covered in lecture. Knowing how to understand the learning objectives really helped me with the conceptual questions during the exam. The UAs and step up session mostly post their worksheets and answers on chemistry community, so they are great resources to practice. I also recommend really understanding each homework problem, because like the professor said, he put some of the hw questions on the exam.

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”