This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.
Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:15 am
how many ligands does a heme complex have
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 am
5 ligands, the oxygen it picks up acts as the 6th completing the octahedral shape
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:18 am
I thought a heme complex had 4?
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:15 am
I'm pretty sure the heme complex has 4 ligands that are composed of N atoms.
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 am
Hemoglobin should be tetra dentate. Problem 21 on marshmallow is helpful for visualizing the structure of hemoglobin.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:18 am
I thought it had 6? When you look it up, images like this come up:
So 5 nitrogens, 1 oxygen.
Return to “Student Social/Study Group”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest