E-book and Sampling Link

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Erika Sosa-Cruz 1J

E-book and Sampling Link

Postby Erika Sosa-Cruz 1J » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone was having trouble with their book orders as well, I don't want to contact them if they are just back up. Please let me know if you guys are having the same problems.

Sami Siddiqui 1J
Been upvoted: 6 times

Re: E-book and Sampling Link

Postby Sami Siddiqui 1J » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:08 pm

If you haven't received the book yet, there is a free trial on Sapling that you can use just in case the access code doesn't show up in a timely manner. If your book doesn't arrive within the next few days, I would probably consider sending an e-mail to the address Dr. Lavelle posted just under a week ago. I've heard issues about the access codes from many other people so I wouldn't worry too much.

Ashlen Bullock 1H
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Ashlen Bullock 1H » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:38 pm

I think it maybe depends where you are from. I placed my order on the 26th. My book was shipped on the 30th and I received it on the first of October. I live in So cal.

Vanessa Perez

Postby Vanessa Perez » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi! I was also concerned about my book order since I ordered it on Monday and still hasn't came. I am just planning on calling them because I have heard, from other students, that if you call them they can get you your order in a more timely manner, so maybe you can try the same!

Nadya Higgins 3F

Postby Nadya Higgins 3F » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:37 pm

Hey there! I think it would be good to give them a call or email them if you're concerned! I heard from others that they might have run out of access codes but I'm not 100% sure if that is true. For now, using the free trial may be the best thing to do until your code arrives. Hope you receive it soon!

Lily Kiamanesh 2G

Postby Lily Kiamanesh 2G » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi! I also haven't received my code yet, and I ordered it on Monday. I called the UCLA store and a store manager said that they had not ordered enough access codes to meet the demand and that they may take 1-2 weeks to arrive. However, a day after I called, my order status changed from "processing" to "shipped," so maybe it is a good idea to try to call them. If not, the free trial is a good option!

Simran Bains 2C

Postby Simran Bains 2C » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Yea I still haven't received my link either and I purchased the book on Tuesday, Sep. 29. When I check the progress it says that it is still processing. Anybody have an idea of who to contact to fix this.

SelenaDahabreh1D
Been upvoted: 3 times

Postby SelenaDahabreh1D » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:08 am

Hi! An email was sent out to a student in this course who had the same issue. Turns out, if you bought your code from the UCLA store, there's a chance you may not get it for a few more weeks. The reason being that the UCLA store has run out of Access Codes and they are still waiting for more from the publisher. In the meantime, you could possibly try the free trial.

idella 1D

Postby idella 1D » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:10 am

Hey! I ordered the book from UCLA store as well on the 28th and it still is saying processed. For the free trial on sapling, I won't have to pay $72 right?

Shrey Pawar 2A
Been upvoted: 3 times

Postby Shrey Pawar 2A » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am

Hello! I ordered mine about 5 days before week 0 and it arrived within 5-7 buisness days. They physically shipped the sapling code to me by mail. I've seen in the groupme that apparently they have run out of codes for the time being so there may be more of a delay to get codes. Hope this helps and your sapling comes in quickly!

Gina Spagarino 3G

Postby Gina Spagarino 3G » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:17 am

I also ordered the book Monday of Week 0, and since my order still says processing, I think I am going to wait a couple of days to start my free trial since it only lasts 7 days.

Keeryth Sandhu 1H

Postby Keeryth Sandhu 1H » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:08 pm

I emailed them this morning, and they said that they are out of codes and waiting for more from the publisher. I'm planning on using a free trial and then asking them to email the code to me when it is restocked.

Emma Ide 2E

Postby Emma Ide 2E » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:50 am

Mine was a little bit back-ordered but finally came. I have the free trial right now but I'm not sure where to put the code to get the online book.

Will Pham 1J

Postby Will Pham 1J » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:52 am

Emma Ide 2E wrote:Mine was a little bit back-ordered but finally came. I have the free trial right now but I'm not sure where to put the code to get the online book.

Hi! I was also on the free trial and just received a code. When you first enter sapling, there should be a banner at the top that says something like 'You are on your free trial, click here to pay now'. If you just click the hyperlink there should be a place to enter the code.

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”