finals

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Agustina Santa Cruz 2F

finals

Postby Agustina Santa Cruz 2F » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:56 pm

How are you guys studying for finals? Do you start by reviewing old material or the new material? Also how do you simultaneously learn this week's topics and also review for finals without getting overwhelmed?

FrancescaHawkins2H

Re: finals

Postby FrancescaHawkins2H » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:03 pm

I wish I had advice for how to keep from getting overwhelmed. As far as studying, I find that it works best for me to begin by reviewing material that I feel like I understand the least, and move into reviewing what I feel more confident about.

Cooper Kinne 2E

Postby Cooper Kinne 2E » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:09 pm

I'm planning to just focus on the new stuff and then go back and review previous material in the two or three days before the final.

Charlie Russell 2L
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Charlie Russell 2L » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:15 pm

Go to Lavelle's review sessions this week, he sent them in an email and they are flexible timing.

Also, I would study the older material first, theoretically, if you did well on midterm two then you shouldn't have to worry about that as much! Whatever you feel weakest in, that's what you study.

Take a look at Outlines 1-3 and note what you still struggle with. Then review old practice textbook and homework questions!

Good luck! We got this!

Izamary Marquez 2H

Postby Izamary Marquez 2H » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:17 pm

A helpful method for me is to review the earlier material by going over practice problems for each section. If I am confused on a topic I will spend more time reviewing that. As far as practicing this week's material it is really helpful to reread your notes after each lecture to take in everything you learned, and highlight topics/ sections that you were confused on for later review!

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”