Final Exam Study Question- Cumulative?

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Lindsay Beckwith 2B
Been upvoted: 1 time

Final Exam Study Question- Cumulative?

Postby Lindsay Beckwith 2B » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering if the final exam for this class will be cumulative. If so, does anyone have any study techniques they recommend to review the older information from the quarter? I typically finish all the homework problems assigned as my way of studying for the test... but since I have already done that for midterms 1 and 2, I am trying to think of other ways to review weeks 1-7.

If you have any tips I'd be glad to hear them!

Caroline 2A
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Final Exam Study Question- Cumulative?

Postby Caroline 2A » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:09 pm

I think the final exam will definitely be cumulative. I am studying by completing all past homework’s and practice problems again and also going over what I missed on the first exams with my TA to make sure I know what I did wrong.

In my experience, practice makes perfect, so doing all the problems again really helps me.

Hope this helps!! :)

Marleena

Postby Marleena » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:42 pm

I think the final is cumulative. I would review all past homework and outline problems assigned to us. I also briefly review notes from class and will be looking over our past midterms with the TA.

Maeve Settle 2B

Postby Maeve Settle 2B » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:01 pm

I think going to the UA sessions in the coming weeks is a great way to prepare for the final because those students have done well in the course before and know what to expect from the final. I would also go through all the outlines to ensure you understand all of the conceptual topics. Hope this helps!

Shay Crookall 2L

Postby Shay Crookall 2L » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 pm

The final exam is cumulative, though I can only imagine there would be more questions on new(er) material. Definitely go through the outlines and practice problems from the textbook (I made a PDF of all of the questions on the outlines, I'll be posting the one for outlines 5/6 as well as the other two I made in case people missed them later tonight!). Assess from the textbook/problems what you know and collect everything you're struggling with, then spend extra time going over it and studying that material. :)

hanniaghernandez

Postby hanniaghernandez » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:32 pm

I think that reviewing the previous midterms with your TA would be a great way to study so you can see which problems you got wrong and why. I would also say that reviewing all the questions from the textbook since the beginning of class would be another great way to study. The only new information should be the acid and bases things we are learning now and that we will continue learning for the next 2-3 classes. For the test, I am pretty sure it will be cumulative especially since it is going to be an hour and a half long, not 50 minutes like it has been! Hopefully this helps.

Postby 205769933 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:17 am

Even though this would take some time, I would also REALLY recommend skimming through the textbook--it provides so much more information than you need to know, but it helps with the more conceptual questions on the exams.

Kayla Ziebell 1H

Postby Kayla Ziebell 1H » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:14 pm

I would probably go through the textbook and textbook problems for the topics we covered at the beginning of school because those are least fresh in our minds!

Lynne Xu 3K

Postby Lynne Xu 3K » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:32 pm

The final is cumulative. I know there are final exam review sessions during week 10. You can also go to the UA sessions; the UA's typically have a lot of additional practice problems.

JohnathanH_1H

Postby JohnathanH_1H » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 pm

To study I am doing the practice problems that he gave us, rereading my notes and watching as many YouTube videos as I can because they often have problems to practice while watching it

Sara Dolmo 2J

Postby Sara Dolmo 2J » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:53 am

Yes, it is going to be cumulative! I would review hw, lectures, communicate with TAs about confusing topics, and have study sessions/quizzes alone and with friends to gain more understanding!

Diego Gonzalez 1H

Postby Diego Gonzalez 1H » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:06 pm

The final will be cumulative. I am planning to review study material from my TA, chemistry community, textbook problems, and lecture notes.

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”