Current Feelings?

This forum topic is for students to self-organize study groups, etc.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Andrew Nguyen 2K

Current Feelings?

Postby Andrew Nguyen 2K » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:16 pm

How are you feeling as we approach the final exam? Any studying tips? Any destressing strategies? I am a little afraid and stressed as this will be my first college final.

Sofia Cerpa 2E

Re: Current Feelings?

Postby Sofia Cerpa 2E » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:16 pm

this is my first college final too. i'm extremely nervous because it'll probably be the hardest one out of all 3 that i have to take, but i know i can do it. i know we ALL can do it! as for tips, i would say just to go over as much material you can whether it's your notes, the achieve hw, textbook problems, etc. as well as going to any review sessions that are left. for me, i like to de-stress by working out, or doing some type of physical activity (for example i play volleyball so that's what I'd do). but the real de-stressing doesn't start until after i take the exam because it's in the past so now i don't have to worry about it anymore.

okay, enough about me, how are you feeling about this?

Jaipal Virdi 2I
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Jaipal Virdi 2I » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:09 pm

I am a bit stressed, especially when the finals for my other classes are right around the corner. Personally, I have found waking up earlier and studying outside of my dorm has helped me feel more motivated.

Shay Crookall 2L

Postby Shay Crookall 2L » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Feeling kinda meh about it. Did really badly on the first and really well on the second midterm, so it's kind of a toss-up when it comes to trying to predict how I'll do. I'm working through the textbook problems and feel good about them, but I'm super anxious that everything I'm not strong with is going to be the main focus of the questions. Also super nervous for the conceptual questions. We got this!

To destress, I'm going to cut myself off tomorrow by midnight and then not study at all from then until the exam. This is far from my first final at UCLA, but it's still nerve wracking each quarter.

We got this! :)

Lauren Wasef 3C

Postby Lauren Wasef 3C » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 pm

I am also a little stressed because right after this chem final I have to take another final exam, so I'm trying to study/review for both at the same time. I feel confident about the material covered on midterm 2 and up until week 10, but I am still a bit iffy about the material covered on midterm 1. However, knowing that I'm probably not the only one going through this makes me feel a little better haha. Whenever I feel a bit overwhelmed I like to take a walk around my neighborhood and look away from any screen. By taking online classes, I am always staring at my screen and it starts to hurt my eyes so a little walk outside helps.

Some studying tips I would recommend are reviewing textbook problems and notes. Any topic you don't quite remember or aren't too confident in, watch youtube videos and redo those textbook problems. Also, try to not stress too much about it! We often spend too much time stressing, which can waste a lot of time that you could be using to study.

But one tip from a third-year college student, if you think "this topic won't be on the exam" it most likely will be :) so if you have time to review it do so!

Make sure to get enough sleep, eat well, and stay hydrated! I am sure you'll do great!

Postby 205769933 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:57 pm

I'm pretty stressed because all of my finals are very close together, but I'm excited to finish this quarter and enjoy my winter break :,). Good luck to everyone!

oliviacarnot

Postby oliviacarnot » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:32 pm

a bit stressed but mostly because of all the other work I have on top of studying. My motivation is the winter break that's coming up:)
I destress by hanging out with friends when I can. It lifts my mood and reminds me of the other important things in my life

Giselle Simmons 2D

Postby Giselle Simmons 2D » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:59 pm

I am a little stressed but I am confident in Lavelle's teachings and all the help of the TA's! Mostly, I am excited for the final tomorrow because it feels good just to get it done you know.

Benicio Rivera 1F

Postby Benicio Rivera 1F » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:07 pm

Study as much as you can and try your best. Going in know that you studied and prepared the best you could. Th outcome of this final will not affect your whole life so I promise you will be okay. You all will do great!

Kevin Zhang 3K
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Kevin Zhang 3K » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:17 pm

i don't feel too stressed. plan to sleep till 8 am and not think of the final until 9.

jennaj3k

Postby jennaj3k » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 am

Terrified of failing but I know that we all practiced so much, we're bound to answer something correctly. Besides, 50% could get you a C- in this class, so I'm trying to be positive!

Ben Broselle 3 I

Postby Ben Broselle 3 I » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:36 am

nervous for the final for sure but glad this will be the last test in this class.

LillianHarvey2C

Postby LillianHarvey2C » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Now that the final is over, unfortunately I still feel stressed because now the worry just shifts to how I think I did. Hopefully everyone is feeling a little better though. Good Luck guys:)

Isabelle Kludt 2B

Postby Isabelle Kludt 2B » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:31 pm

Post final I'm feeling less stressed now that its done but I'm not feeling great about how I did.

Hana Aflatooni

Postby Hana Aflatooni » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Post: I know I could have done better, but still optimistic!

Ellen Brock 2I

Postby Ellen Brock 2I » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:07 pm

Now that its over: frustrated because i studied all week long and still felt as if it wasnt enough. I do not think I did terrible or anything but I just know I probably made a few dumb errors. But still trying to look on the bright side! At least I know I put in the work and I can be proud of that

Return to “Student Social/Study Group”