Adila's Workshop Week 10/ Finals Review Session Topic is endorsed

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Adila's Workshop Week 10/ Finals Review Session  Topic is endorsed

Postby Chem_Mod » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:47 am

Hey everyone,

It's almost finals time so this week's session will be a review session. Since last week was Thanksgiving Break, I am going to offer to redo my acid-base workshop during the 9 am (maybe 11 am if requested) session if anyone wants me to do so. If not, we will just be doing review questions during the sessions and I can answer any last minute questions you have. If you would like acid-base review, the material will be linked on my week 9 post. Here's the worksheet for the review sessions and as always, you don't have to have the worksheets completed before the sessions since we'll be going over them together. If you have questions regarding the any weeks worth of material or any questions from the previous worksheets, feel free to ask during the session or email me (adilaahmed02@gmail.com). Just to reiterate: my sessions are 9am-10 am and 11am-12 pm on Wednesdays.

Good luck for your finals!!
I've had a great time working with all of you this quarter and I look forward to seeing you guys in chem 14B next quarter! Have an amazing winter break!!
Attachments
Final Review Step Up Worksheet.pdf
(176.57 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Chem_Mod

Re: Adila's Workshop Week 10/ Finals Review Session

Postby Chem_Mod » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:18 pm

Here's the answer key for this week's worksheet! You guys have done an amazing job this quarter so push through this final stretch!! As always, let me know if you guys have any questions!

Good luck!
Attachments
Final Review Answers.pdf
(984.69 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Joanna Zhao 1J
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Joanna Zhao 1J » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:15 am

Super helpful review, thank you! One question though: in question 14, part b, you ask for the expected geometry of the heme complex. My lecture notes say that porphyrin is a square planar ligand so the heme complex with Fe bound to the porphyrin ligand would be square planar. But, the answer key says that the heme complex is tetrahedral. I just wanted to know why. Thanks in advance!

Chem_Mod

Postby Chem_Mod » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:08 pm

I forgot to add square planar as an answer to the key. For now, if the coordination number is 4, then either geometry works as an answer. I'll update the answer key so it should be right after

Brooke Gushiken 1B

Postby Brooke Gushiken 1B » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:13 pm

Thank you Adila, your step-up sessions have been very helpful throughout this quarter! I really appreciate your patience and willingness to help us, as well as your weekly summaries and worksheets.

Brian Diehl 2B

Postby Brian Diehl 2B » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:39 pm

Chem_Mod wrote:I forgot to add square planar as an answer to the key. For now, if the coordination number is 4, then either geometry works as an answer. I'll update the answer key so it should be right after

Thank you for the review! I also have a question about #14. How are we able to tell there are negative charges on the two nitrogen atoms? Are these nitrogen atoms a part of a specific ligand that make up the porphyrin as a whole?

Return to “Chem 14A Uploaded Files (Worksheets, etc.)”