Chem 14 A website not taking password>>?  [ENDORSED]

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Aminta Chem

Chem 14 A website not taking password>>?

Postby Aminta Chem » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:48 am

Hey, I tried opened the website to get the problem, so I can do the textbook assignments but the password won't word. It says "Forbidden" that I don't have permission. What should I do. If someone has the outline of our next chapter, can they send it to me please.

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Re: Chem 14 A website not taking password>>?  [ENDORSED]

Postby Chem_Mod » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:19 am

As announced at the beginning of the quarter UCLA IT required using UCLA VPN when off campus.

I have to use UCLA VPN all the time whenever I work off campus and need to access my own website to read something, upload files, make changes, etc. It is a pain, but ... I have to do it all the time.

Below are my comments and instructions for UCLA VPN access.

Hope this helps on Thanksgiving Day.
:-)

Students on campus using campus WIFI (EDUROAM, etc.,) have no problems accessing https://lavelle.chem.ucla.edu/class-websites/chem14a/.

But if you logged off and you are off campus then you need to use UCLA VPN. The easiest solution is to logon to https://lavelle.chem.ucla.edu/class-websites/chem14a/ when on campus and then you should have access when off campus.
If you do have access problems when off campus then use UCLA VPN.

Instructions for UCLA VPN access can be found at: https://it.ucla.edu/it-support-center/s ... pn-clients

Each operating system has a set of instructions that can be accessed by clicking the "SSL" link on the OS row in the "CISCO SOFTWARE" column.

Aisah_Akbar_2C

Re: Chem 14 A website not taking password>>?

Postby Aisah_Akbar_2C » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:52 pm

I had problems with this last night too.. when my chem community was due, do you guys know if we would email the professor about this like being late? Thank you!

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Postby Chem_Mod » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:31 pm

Aisah_Akbar_3E wrote:I had problems with this last night too.. when my chem community was due, do you guys know if we would email the professor about this like being late? Thank you!

Chemistry Community was/is not impacted by this.
Chemistry Community has been running 24/7 all quarter with zero down time.

Please follow instructions:
"All questions (assignments, missing class, scores, exams, sick, etc.,) must be discussed with your TA."

Postby 705721552 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:28 pm

I was having this issue as well. I reloaded the site completely and then copied and pasted the password from the bruin learn site or the class website (both are fine) and it should work. It may ask you to change your password but after that it should work.

Darien So 2K

Postby Darien So 2K » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:56 pm

Are you on campus? If not then it could be a weird proxy issue where it's not giving you access because you're not connected to the UCLA IP address.

Darien So 2K

Postby Darien So 2K » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:56 pm

Are you on campus? If not then it could be a weird proxy issue where it's not giving you access because you're not connected to the UCLA IP address.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”