Midterm Exam Information Pre-Enrollment  [ENDORSED]

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Midterm Exam Information Pre-Enrollment

Postby 506003009 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:07 pm

Hi! I ran into a tedious issue where I had two midterms scheduled for the same day in the same time period, and both courses said that the dates could not be changed since they were published before enrollment. While I understand that I was supposed to look at Professor Lavelle's website prior to enrolling in his class to make sure, how would I look at the midterm dates for other classes that don't have their own website? I tried clicking the class website link that's next to the course in my.ucla.edu but that just led me to the canvas page, and I would think we don't have access to that prior to enrolling into the class. I have seen final exam dates put underneath the course titles but that is all.

I was able to reach a resolution on this conflict, but I would just like an answer to my question above so I can avoid this issue in the future :)

Thank you in advance!

Chem_Mod
Has upvoted: 1253 times

Re: Midterm Exam Information Pre-Enrollment  [ENDORSED]

Postby Chem_Mod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:19 pm

The midterm dates must be posted on the UCLA Schedule of Classes before enrollment starts. If they are not posted, then the midterm announced later on is invalid.

As you can see, all my Chem 14B classes had the midterm dates posted on the UCLA Schedule of Classes before enrollment started.

I also posted them on my class website, as you noted.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”