Midterm re-grade?

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Helen Shi 1J

Midterm re-grade?

Postby Helen Shi 1J » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Is there any way to re-grade the midterm, because I checked the solutions for midterm and for Q8B I feel like I should get partial credit for saying that the compound was a radical even if Lewis structure might be slightly off.

Also how many points should be taken off with we make one mistake, like forgetting to convert units, and it affects the numbers of multiple problems.

Harrison Wang 1H

Re: Midterm re-grade?

Postby Harrison Wang 1H » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:02 pm

You should email your TA, telling him where you think you deserved more points. On past midterms, one point was deducted for incorrect units or sig figs.

Maria1E

Re: Midterm re-grade?

Postby Maria1E » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:00 pm

For that question, I stated that the compound was a radical, but my Lewis structure was slightly off (I placed the lone electron on the wrong element). I got 2 out of 10 points. I think it was two points for stating that the compound was a radical, and the Lewis structure was 8 or nothing. You should email or speak with your TA if you didn't get the two points for labeling the compound as a radical.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”