Textbook Version Confirmation

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Sophia Diaz - Dis 1B
Been upvoted: 1 time

Textbook Version Confirmation

Postby Sophia Diaz - Dis 1B » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Hey guys!
I recently got my Week 1 Homework back and lost points for writing down the wrong problems. I checked my textbook (the 6th edition) and it turns out I DIDN'T do the wrong problems. When I asked my TA, they said the problems are misnumbered because I'm using the wrong version. They said we need the 7th or 8th version of the textbook (since that's the key they're using) and that all the PDFs are outdated.

I've checked 3 different sources in order to find out which textbook version I need for this class. The syllabus, "Questions about the Textbook" PDF on the class website, AND the "textbooks" link in the MyUCLA class planner, ALL say that we need the 6th version of the Chemical Principles textbook.

So I just want to make sure once and for all, which version of the textbook are we supposed to be using for Chem 14A?

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

MadelynNguyen1F

Re: Textbook Version Confirmation

Postby MadelynNguyen1F » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:00 pm

I have the sixth edition and I haven't had a problem. I'm pretty sure the sixth edition is the one we're supposed to have.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”