Test 1 Study Plan

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Saachi_Kotia_4E

Test 1 Study Plan

Postby Saachi_Kotia_4E » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:09 am

I am taking Test 1 this Thursday. What is the best study plan? Should I focus on Test 1 topics until the test, and start Ch 1 homework after the test, or should I start working on Ch 1 at the same time as reviewing for Test 1? What are you all doing?

Manu Vohra 1L

Re: Test 1 Study Plan

Postby Manu Vohra 1L » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello,
I am also taking the first test this Thursday. My plan is to study up for the test and worry about homework for chapter 1 later. The homework due this week can be from either outline one or outline two so personally I would prefer to hold off on working a new topic until I completely master the first few and have completed the test. Basically...the chapter 1 homework isn't getting done before the weekend for me! :)

Jayde Felix 4H

Postby Jayde Felix 4H » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:45 pm

During my lecture, Dr. Lavelle said that it'd be better to focus on Test 1 topics to turn in for homework this week.

Lauren Huang 1H

Postby Lauren Huang 1H » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:46 pm

You still need a new set of 7 problems (from Fundamentals or The Quantum World) by your discussion though, so make sure to finish those before then.

Hailey Boehm 2H

Postby Hailey Boehm 2H » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi! I am going to prioritize the test topics and will probably take questions from the review/ fundamentals HW section to turn in for the discussion on Thursday. This should be helpful because Mr. Lavelle has mentioned how HW problems are included in tests. I am also going to review outline #1 to make sure I don't forget to review any topics. I will likely wait until after Thursday to work on the new content about the quantum world, since we have not covered the material extensively in class yet.

Jordan Lo 2A

Postby Jordan Lo 2A » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Is test 2 solely going to be Quantum World material, or will it be cumulative? I'm trying not to fall behind in Chapter 1, but I also want to continue studying the review topics

Isabel Nakoud 4D

Postby Isabel Nakoud 4D » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 pm

jordan_lo_3k wrote:Is test 2 solely going to be Quantum World material, or will it be cumulative? I'm trying not to fall behind in Chapter 1, but I also want to continue studying the review topics

This is a good question if one of the TAs/UAs/Professor has an actual answer.

Consider this for now though: Chemistry is cumulative in nature. For example, we studied how to balance reactions or find products formed, I'm pretty sure these are essential topics that will appear in any or all of the topics for the quarter and even in 14B. Test aside, my advice is to master the Fundamentals stuff now so you can convenience your future self in weeks or months of chemistry to come.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”