Audio-Visual Assignments

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Melissa Villanueva1K

Audio-Visual Assignments

Postby Melissa Villanueva1K » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Are the audio-visual assignments with the pre-assessments, videos, and post-assessment apart of our homework grade? Like are our TA's or Professor Lavelle keeping track of which ones we complete. If anyone could clarify that would be great. Thanks!

Jessica Chen 1F

Re: Audio-Visual Assignments

Postby Jessica Chen 1F » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm

The audio-visual assignments are not part of the homework grade (they are anonymous and the TAs/prof can't keep track of whether you complete them or not, but they are probably helpful in terms of helping you understand the content and doing better on tests!

Brian Kwak 1D

Postby Brian Kwak 1D » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:51 am

No its not part of our grade. Looking at the syllabus it says nothing about the audio visual assignments. I believe its there to help the students that are rusty with chem topics before taking this like such as myself ...

hazelyang2E

Postby hazelyang2E » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:34 am

I believe that the Audio-Visual assignments are not a part of our grade because they are not listed in the grade breakdown in the syllabus and it also states on the actual assignment that the results are anonymous. However, both in class and in the syllabus, Professor Lavelle has states that these assignments are a good resource to use for extra practice and preparation for exams. So they are not required, but they are recommended!

Vy Lu 2B

Postby Vy Lu 2B » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:52 am

These audio-visual modules are essentially a resource for students to clarify on lecture topics and review old concepts; I believe they do not count towards our grades but it is strongly advised to be used!

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”