Grading

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Hannah Yates 1K

Grading

Postby Hannah Yates 1K » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:05 pm

I had a few questions about the grading of this course. 1) how do I check my grade? 2) Is their any curve applied to the Tests? And 3) Is their any way to make up points lost on Tests?

alanaarchbold

Re: Grading

Postby alanaarchbold » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:29 pm

I don't know the answer to 2 and 3 but you check your grades by going to the study list and then going to chemistry and then click on grades

Christine Chen 1H

Postby Christine Chen 1H » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm

1) You can check your grade via CCLE. Click on the down arrow next to your name, and click on the "Grades" tab. However, for chem, I believe they do not update grades until the end, so grades are not available yet online. I would discuss further with your TA if you want more information on your grade.
2) I believe there is a curve, but I'm pretty sure it depends on how everybody does, so do not quote me on this.
3) Again, it probably varies from TA to TA, but I would assume in most cases that they do not accept test corrections.

Michael Torres 4I
Been upvoted: 1 time

Postby Michael Torres 4I » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:12 pm

1. You can check your grades via CCLE. If you are curious about a certain grade that isn't posted, you may want to consider asking your TA about it directly.

2. There is no curve. Rather, grades are assigned based upon the class average out of 500 points. This is not calculated until after all the points are in at the end of the quarter.

3. I do not believe there is any way to make up points.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”