Naming on the Final

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Isabel Nakoud 4D

Naming on the Final

Postby Isabel Nakoud 4D » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Questions on the homework expected us to know the formula for acids such as Formic Acid... are we supposed to know names of acids like these by memorization for the final, or will the chemical formula be provided for acids? (esp. those such as Formic Acid that are not obvious)

Arshiya
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Naming on the Final

Postby Arshiya » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:53 am

I've been memorizing the table in the book in order to remember the names of the molecules. In addition, another helpful source is quizlet. There are many flashcards created to memorize these formulas. I do believe that complicated acids will be provided on the final.

Cole Elsner 2J

Postby Cole Elsner 2J » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Typically more complex acids/bases will have names and formulas provided, but it's always nice to know more common ones and review the table in the book, just to stay sharp.

Jchellis 1I

Postby Jchellis 1I » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Di you think naming will be emphasized much on the final as we just learned it in the last few days?

Isabel Nakoud 4D

Postby Isabel Nakoud 4D » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Jchellis 1I wrote:Di you think naming will be emphasized much on the final as we just learned it in the last few days?

Dr. Lavelle said that the Final will cover everything in the Syllabus as it is meant to and I think he implied that each section will be equally represented. So, yes. It will be emphasized as it is a fundamental concept of 1/6 outlines.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”