Tips for Tests  [ENDORSED]

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Ellen Amico 3D

Tips for Tests

Postby Ellen Amico 3D » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:12 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone has tips for studying for Lavelle's tests? I know there are plenty of practice problems in the textbook, but is there anything else/other resources people recommend doing? Thanks!

Izzie Capra 4D

Re: Tips for Tests  [ENDORSED]

Postby Izzie Capra 4D » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:19 am

Watch the online modules again and do the pre and post assessments to ensure that you have the basic information.

Sally kim 4F

Re: Tips for Tests

Postby Sally kim 4F » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:56 pm

Definitely watch the modules again and continue to take notes on both the book and the videos he gives. You can also keep doing the fundamental problems listed, because there is a good chance he may use one of those questions.

SajaZidan_1K

Postby SajaZidan_1K » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:05 pm

I spoke with one of the UA's and went to their Step-Up session on Tuesday and they really recommended taking advantage of the resources available. For instance, the Step-Up session really helped me solidify my confidence in certain skills and identify areas I am weaker in. They gave us a bunch of practice problems to do together and even let us ask any questions we had, starting from sig figs up until limiting reagents. I really recommend the Step-Up session so far and hope to go to more.

Postby 505106414 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:19 am

SajaZidan_1K wrote:I spoke with one of the UA's and went to their Step-Up session on Tuesday and they really recommended taking advantage of the resources available. For instance, the Step-Up session really helped me solidify my confidence in certain skills and identify areas I am weaker in. They gave us a bunch of practice problems to do together and even let us ask any questions we had, starting from sig figs up until limiting reagents. I really recommend the Step-Up session so far and hope to go to more.

Do you recommend that I come to the Step-Up session with questions already prepared or can I come and just work on my homework and ask questions when I have them?

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”