Study Tips/Schedule

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Reina Robles 2B

Study Tips/Schedule

Postby Reina Robles 2B » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:33 pm

I never really self-studied before and was wondering if anyone could explain to me how they plan to study for this class/any study tips in general? Thanks!

AryaG_4C

Re: Study Tips/Schedule

Postby AryaG_4C » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:24 pm

I feel a good way would be to go over the modules put on the chemistry website and after completing the post assessment to attempt questions from the same topic via the chemical principles book. This would strengthen your concepts and ability to answer various types of questions.
Hope it helps!

Chanel D_4E

Postby Chanel D_4E » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 pm

I would suggest to view the modules again, look over lecture notes, do more practice problems on the concepts that you don't really understand (although that sounds a bit tedious it could turn out to be beneficial), and maybe look for outside sources if needed. For instance, you could watch videos online about topics that you are not sure of (ie. Crash Course) :)

JasonKwon_3k

Postby JasonKwon_3k » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:48 am

I usually just review my notes maybe 3 or 4 times, watching videos on topics that I don't have a good grasp on.

Nare Nazaryan 1F

Postby Nare Nazaryan 1F » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:17 am

I would suggest doing the homework problems so that you get a good range of possible test questions and develop fundamental/conceptual skills to solve problems. You can also look at the lecture notes and online modules, as well as go to peer learning sessions and office hours.

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”