Accessing the E-textbook  [ENDORSED]

Any general non-science questions (software questions/problems, etc.,) and class announcements.

Moderators: Chem_Mod, Chem_Admin

Cooper_Geralds_3B

Re: Accessing the E-textbook

Postby Cooper_Geralds_3B » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Kaleb Tuliau 3E wrote:Pretty sure that Sapling is mandatory, and will actually be collected midnight of the following Sunday, however, is this the only "homework" due??

Yes sapling is the only homework that is taken for a grade, but the extra homework problems that Dr. Lavelle lists on the syllabus and chapter outlines are a great way to prepare for the exams!

Charisma Arreola 2F

Postby Charisma Arreola 2F » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:41 pm

The e textbook will take the least amount of time to access so I recommend getting that one.

Vivian_Le_1L

Postby Vivian_Le_1L » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:47 pm

Muskaan Abdul-Sattar wrote:
Kaleb Tuliau 3E wrote:Pretty sure that Sapling is mandatory, and will actually be collected midnight of the following Sunday, however, is this the only "homework" due??

Yes, I believe Sapling is the only mandatory homework. Professor Lavelle gives us textbook problems as well but those problems are not graded.

Yes, Sapling is the only mandatory homework, but the textbook problems that Professor Lavelle gives us is still HIGHLY recommended. I didn't have chem last quarter, but everyone is telling me that it would be extremely helpful to do them.

Kathrine_Samia_1A

Postby Kathrine_Samia_1A » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Constance Newell wrote:
Isabel Luu 1I wrote:Are there solutions posted anywhere for the extra practice textbook problems (not the Sapling questions)?

Usually not. But you can find answers for most of them at the end of the textbook. And if you can't, usually chemistry community (here) has the answer

For the extra practice textbook problems, I believe Prof. Lavelle had posted it on his site under Solution Manual Errors 7th Edition. You can check some of the answers there.

Jyotsna Hira 1

Postby Jyotsna Hira 1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:39 am

Ethan Low 1L wrote:Sapling is kind of like the launchpad for the LS7 Series on Macmillian, if you purchase the bundle that includes sapling that would be the online E textbook. I bought all of the bundle from Dr Lavelle's link that he had shared for about $190 and it includes the E-book, sapling, solutions, and loose leaf textbook.

Hey would you mind sending the link that includes the bundle please, since I'm unable to find it. Thank You!!

James Fu 2F

Postby James Fu 2F » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:25 pm

Jyotsna Hira 1 wrote:
Ethan Low 1L wrote:Sapling is kind of like the launchpad for the LS7 Series on Macmillian, if you purchase the bundle that includes sapling that would be the online E textbook. I bought all of the bundle from Dr Lavelle's link that he had shared for about $190 and it includes the E-book, sapling, solutions, and loose leaf textbook.

Hey would you mind sending the link that includes the bundle please, since I'm unable to find it. Thank You!!

Under the CCLE website for the class, there should be a tab on the left navigation panel that says "UCLA Course Store Material". If you click on that link, it should redirect you to a link where you can find and purchase the bundle.

vuongnaomi1L

Postby vuongnaomi1L » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:33 pm

If you get the e-text, then it comes with the solutions manuel! not sure if that is included in the looseleaf version.

Moura Girgis 1F

Postby Moura Girgis 1F » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:09 pm

Zainab Jamali 1H wrote:For anyone who ordered their textbook from the UCLA store and already received it, was it a physical copy? and if so, did it include an access code for sapling and/or the e-book?

It's just a pdf which can be accessed and downloaded from sappling. the access code was mailed to me but some people received it through email

Return to “Administrative Questions and Class Announcements”